Due to time change, the Fountains Shows of Sunday October 30th will close at 5:30pm instead of 7pm.
Enjoy the extraordinary beauty of the gardens of Château de Versailles, as you stroll with your family or friends through the groves exceptionally open to the public, discover the fountains playing and listen to the music that once animated them.
The 55 fountains and pools and their 600 water features, set in motion with a lyre-shaped key by the artist fountain technicians of Château de Versailles, will enchant you. The greatest baroque composers, from Lully to Handel, will accompany your royal stroll in music.
The Fountains Shows, a success for over 350 years! A must-see !
The gardens were at the heart of King Louis XIV's attention and are world famous today. Already at the time of the King's reign, the Versailles groves were open air salons secluded at the heart of the wooded parts of the garden. The King and the court went there for a light meal, to listen to music or to dance. Decorated with fountains, vases and statues, these groves with their secret access bring fantasy and surprise within the Royal Garden.
These green bowers are now exceptionally accessible for you to discover. The talent of the 17th century fountain engineers and of their successors has always made the Musical Fountains Show an unforgettable and fairytale experience. The fountains play with multiple special effects and marble and metal gods, humans and animals seem to come to life for a few moments, for our greatest pleasure. When the fountains are playing, a ballet comes alive to enchant each and all. Your royal stroll will unfold to the tunes of the greatest baroque composers from Lully to Charpentier or Couperin.
For more than 350 years the success of the Musical Fountains Show has never waned. It is your turn to discover or rediscover them, with friends or family !
On the spot, at the entrance of the gardens, ticket for the Musical Fountains Show is 12€ (full rate) / 10,5€ (reduced rate).
The starting time (9 am) is the opening of the tickets desks and the groves. Your ticket is valid from 9 am until the closing of the groves.
GROUP RATE (8,75€) for 30+ tickets. Order by telephone at +33 (0)1 30 83 74 44 and at the group cash desk at the entrance of the gardens.
→ More info
FREE for children 0-5 years old, Château de Versailles Spectacles loyalty card holders, 1 year in Versailles card (solo or duo) holders, and Friends of the Palace of Versailles card holders.
- Saturdays and Sundays (except on Sunday May 1st)
From April 2nd to October 30th
From May 3rd to June 28th
- And some public holidays
Eastern Monday April 18th
Good Friday on April 15th
Ascension Day on May 26th
French National Day on July 14th
Assomption on August 15th
- From 9am to 7pm (* except Saturday May 28th, every Saturdays from June 11th to September 24th, Thursday July 14th, Monday August 15th and Sunday October 30th, end is at 5.30pm.)
Watering of the fountains:
Morning watering :
- The Great Prospect from 10.30am to 12am
- Groves and fountains on the south side of the gardens from 10.30am to 11.30am
(South Side = Ballroom Grove, Colonnade Grove, Girandole Grove and Chestnut Grove as well as Bacchus and Saturn fountains; the watering of the Orangery fountains is not systematic and the watering of the Girandole Grove is extended until noon).
Afternoon watering :
- The Great Prospect : from 2pm to 2.30pm, from 3pm to 4.15pm et from 4.45pm to 5pm (15 minutes)
- All the groves and ponds in the Garden: from 2.30 to 3.15 pm (45 minutes) and from 4 to 4.45 pm (45 minutes)
Launching of the Neptune Basin (final historical jets): at 5.20 pm (about 10 minutes)
Automatic fountains are on all day :
- Neptune Fountain from 10am to 5pm then from 5.45pm to 6.45pm*, 5mn every 15mn (Programmes A and B)
- Mirror Pool from from 10am to 7pm*, 7mn every 10mn
- Water Theater Grove from 10am to 7pm*.
Download the access map :
→ Les Grandes Eaux Musicales
- The Musical Fountains Show is taking place regardless of the weather conditions.
- Strolling tours, no seating.
- Ticket allows one entry (entrance by Princes gates or Little Venise or Ménagerie or Neptune gate) and a second one by another gate.